Authoring a Simple VCD or SVCD Using VCDComposer
Visit the encode section to find out how to encode video suitable for burning onto VCD.
- Start VCDComposer, and setup CDRDAO if needed. See the VCDComposer
http://www.algonet.se/~pretzel/VCDComposer for more details on this process.
- Set the "VCD Type" to either "VCD 2.0" or "SVCD 1.0", depending on the type of disc
that you are creating.
- Use the "Insert->Sequence File" menu option, and select the MPEG file(s) you
want to have on the VCD, and click "OK".
- Repeat this to add all MPEG files that you want to be stored on the VCD.
You'll then end up with a main screen that looks something like the following
- Use the "GNU VCDImager->Create cue/bin image" menu option to create the cue
and bin files. These contain an image of the VCD file system.
Click the "Start" button".
- Select the "Cdrdao->Burn image with Cdrdao..." menu option and click the
"Start" button to burn the disc.
That's it. Your VCD has now been made. It's time to try it out using either a
software VCD decoder, or your standalone DVD player.