The following form can be used to calculate the best video bitrates to ensure
that your SVCD gives the highest quality. Simply fill in the form below with the
- The number of blank discs to encode onto.
- The size of each disc. If your size is not shown or if you are
overburning, select custom and enter the size of your discs.
- The audio bitrate that you wish to use.
- The duration of the video that you wish to burn onto the SVCD in minutes
- The maximum combined audio and video bitrates allowed by the SVCD
specification is 2756 kbps. If you want to allow higher values, tick the
The best video bitrate will be calculated for you. Enter this value into the
bitrate field on the settings for your MPEG encoder.